International Peace Day 2016
In yet another eventful year Youth Peace Foundation celebrated International Day of Peace and Non-Violence for the 3rd Time on 21st September 2016 across the Country. With great zeal and show the events took place in all major cities of India engaging more than? people in 31 events spread across 26 cities of the Country.
With the aim of Developing the Culture of Peace and Carrying a theme YPF did several activities such as Talk for Peace, Art for Peace, Music for Peace, Dance for Peace, Walk for Peace, Talent Hunt and many more similar youth-oriented activities, thus providing a platform for individuals to come forward share, learn and explore the possibility of having peace in this life.
The events ended with a motivational and inspirational video address by Mr. Prem Rawat, who emphasized on the “Need of first establishing peace in our own lives, which in turn can result in peace in this world”
The mantra for this year’s celebration was “PEACE – one day or every day?”, which left a lasting impression on attendees.
- Speaker of Jharkhand State Assembly took part in the event as Chief Guest
- Vice Chancellor of Ranchi University was Guest of Honour
- Mayor of the city Chhindwara, M.P. took part in the event
- Peace Day celebrated in 26 cities with 31 events
- Events covered by more than 60 media agency which was included print and electronic media